Close to Home Macomb County Art Competition Winners
Through March 20, 2010
Over 100 artists who live and or work in Macomb County submitted nearly 300 pieces for consideration for the Anton Art Center’s exhibition, Close to Home. Artist, educator and musician Benjamin Teague juried the exhibition, selecting 83 works for display.
Teague also awarded several prizes:
* Emily Duke, Oil Drum, Best of Show
* Tony Lafferty, Silent Melody, Second Place
* Kathleen Arkles, Untitled, Honorable Mention
* Renee Bernier, Arizona Stones, Honorable Mention
* Narine Kchikian, Olympus, Wednesday, 2.21.08, Honorable Mention
* Veronica Ludington, Untitled, Honorable Mention
* R.W. Steiner, O Ka Lihi Kai, Honorable Mention
A complete list of artists in Close to Home is available at www.theartcenter.org.
Close to Home will be on exhibit in the center’s Petitpren Community Gallery through March 20, 2010. The exhibition is free and open to the public.
For more information about the Anton Art Center, or to make a donation or become a member, call the center at 586-469-8666 or visit www.theartcenter.org. The Anton Art Center is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm; Friday, 10 am to 6 pm; and Sunday, 12 noon to 4 pm. The center is closed on Mondays.