Monday Roundup & Art Calls 4-2-12
- Congratulations Carl Goines! 555 Gallery is closer to making old third precinct a destination spot for the arts
Call for Artists
- Whitdel Arts wants submissions for “Barter Tomorrow” (artists to barter their works to interested “buyers” in exchange for specific (and reasonable) goods and/or services — deadline April 22nd, 2012).
- Local artist wants to start a collaborative art project, which will help fund a art therapy nonprofit
- Royal Oak’s Arts, Beats & Eats looking for Arts, Beats & Eats (Deadline for fine artists 4/7, Deadline for restaurant 4/30, and Deadline for musicians 6/4)
- The New Theatre Project seeks to hire three new staff positions — Ahead of new, exciting plans for the aptly named Season 3: Reinvention, The New Theatre Project seeks to bring in three new individuals to the staff of the ensemble. Driven with a move toward community engagement, education, and seeking nonprofit status, TNTP is looking to hire an Associate Artistic Director, Managing Director, and Marketing Director. These individuals will be charged with the task of developing the new company. At the moment, TNTP will not offer compensation for the positions. However, once nonprofit status is achieved and the company is strengthened, the positions have the potential to transfer to part-time employment. The positions offer amazing opportunities ideal for current or recently graduated students in theatre and arts administration. Please email Keith Paul Medelis for more information, and if you want to apply send a résumé and brief statement of intent to Keith Paul Medelis, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 16, 2012.